A Superior Strategy for Starting and Managing Your Own Business
"In an era of giant corporations and government, creating a small business remains a way for an innovative person to gain a sense of freedom and adventure. Honest Business is a practical and inspiring book for anyone with integrity who wants to enjoy work, and make fair profit while providing useful products and services. I highly recommend it."
In Honest Business, Salli Rasberry and Michael Phillips report on proven and successful methods for starting and managing a small business.
Michael and Salli have worked with hundreds of businesses and have developed a program that turns almost certain failures for such enterprises into almost certain successes.
They show that:
- Being honest is a superior strategy for business management.
- Open management is successful management.
- The community’s needs are the true source of business opportunities.
- So service to the community is not a foolishly idealistic business goal, but a good way to do well.
- Starting with less money than needed–rather than more–is good business practice.
They also show:
- How to keep and study your books
- How to focus y our energy
- How to pay your bills
- How to have fun at work
This book is an indispensable guide to a good, successful life in your own business.
Table of Contents
- What is Business?
- Love Business
- Focus Your Energy
- Small Capital
- A Complete Idea
- Go Slow
- Study the Books
- Open Books
- Paying Bills Promptly
- Sort Bits of Advice
- The Four Illusions of Money: And the Nonmoney Truths They Hide
- Four Honest Men Who Changed Business
- History of Business
- Honest Business in the Broader Context
- Facts About This Book and the Authors
The 1981 version is the complete, original one. Look for the red cover. The “Shambhala Pocket Edition” is an abbreviated version.